Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

I dropped off the blogging world in June in quite a sad state:
I didn't read one word of those self help books.  The light at the end of the tunnel came in the form of a job interview, followed closely by a moment of intense clarity and here I am -- 8 months later as a gainfully employed young professional who is no longer single :)  I enjoy my job (most days) and Roxy and I LOVE being queens in our castle.

I toyed with the idea of coming back to blogging for a while.  But what would I write?  And who would really care?  This blog started as a way to tell about my experiences and it turned out to be pretty therapeutic, which is why I decided to come back -- to express myself.  

Today seemed like an especially good time to debut my new blog, with today being Ash Wednesday & all.  Lauren started a conversation with me today about what to give up for Lent.  My immediate thought was alcohol.  No, I don't drink that much and no, I don't drink that often, but enough so that I would live a life of greater clarity and productivity (not to mention a leaner waistline & fatter wallet!) without it.  Giving up something for Lent seems to be pretty trendy these days, so I try not to give up any "luxuries" unless it relates to the root of the Lenten season. Someone once told me that you should give up something that distances you from God, which is what I strive for if I am going to observe Lent -- none of that "giving up chocolate" unless, of course, you're idolizing & worshipping the stuff.  So here we enter into a season of penitence and preparation sans wine.**

My new year's resolutions this year were to 1) Practice better self-care and 2) Be more productive with my time. I think that abstaining from alcohol for the next 40ish days can only help me. Not to mention that I have set goals to run a 1/2 and a full marathon this year and I have NO time to be wallowing in bed with a hangover!




Are YOU giving up anything for Lent? 

**I DO plan to make an exception for my sister's wedding -- what's a wedding celebration without the fruit of the vine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment