Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Panic mode

11 days. That's it. This time next week I'll be packing up, teaching my last few classes, & saying my goodbyes. I'm not gonna lie -- I'm freaking out. It's almost as if time is speeding up & everything is spiraling out of control. So much to do over the next few weeks & not nearly enough time to get it done. If only I could press pause or slow things down a bit just so I can catch up & keep my head above water. If my adult life is going to be spent playing catch-up from the get-go, then I'm content to never grow up.

But I'm ready. I'm ready for things to start falling into place. I think the most stressful thing at this point is the uncertainty of where I'll end up. My plan was to have sort of job lead by the end of this internship, but as of now, it looks like everything is still up in the air & I'm going back home for a while. I've been applying to jobs, but lately I haven't found any positions that I'm qualified for or that I'm really interested in. It's definitely not for lack of trying -- I'm wracking my brain & spending hours upon hours wading through the world wide web. I know the "economy is tough" and I need to "be patient" but it isn't helping ease my stress any. I'm so thankful for friends and fellow interns who send jobs & ideas my way. Every little bit helps, so if you've got ideas or connections, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment