Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Footprints on the Heart

Thank you. To everyone who I've crossed paths with over the past 11 weeks: Thank you. I'm a firm believer that everyone who comes into your life, no matter how long they stay, leaves footprints on your heart. I am so grateful to those of you who encouraged me to explore job opportunities in Nashville & Atlanta; those of you who have helped me realize my potential; those of you who spoke wisdom & kindness when I needed it most; those of you who inspired me to be a fitter person; and of course those of you who pressured me into going out dancing on a Monday night when I had a 6:30 wake up call on Tuesday -- it was so worth it. There are also people who have stepped into my life that I'm not entirely fond of -- but I'm thankful for them as well for showing me what not to do. Some people may never know the ways in which they've shaped my life & how I view the world. That's unfortunate, but I will always remember.

The other interns & I became pretty close with a younger guest who was here for an extended stay. She was such an inspiration & I'm so thankful for the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people here. She gave us these bracelets as a parting gift.

It serves as a reminder to remember who I am, why I am, where I am, how I got here, and how I'm going to grow in order to get where I'm going. For each of those things, and each of the people involved in every step of the way, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment