Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gratitude: Day 2

Today, I am grateful for:

The ability to sleep. Just sleep. Sleep late. Sleep in a comfy bed. I had every intention to walk the beach this morning, but my body planned otherwise. It just felt so good to sleep. It's no secret I could sleep all day if possible and nap wherever, whenever. I've even attempted to nap at my desk at work. Oops.

Wonderful chefs here at H3. This entire experience is one for the books, but the chefs make it even better. When I first arrived, I felt pretty bratty when I let the kitchen staff know what I did and didn't eat, and that feeling has kinda hung around every time they have to make a special dish for me because the normal meal being served isn't vegan. Luckily for me, there are others here this week with special dietary needs and gluten free vegan brownies showed up on the salad bar today. HALLELUJAH. I'm a firm believer that there is magic in chocolate and that brownie did the trick. Hats off to you, chefs.

Affluence.  Roll your eyes and call me a brat, but I'm not sorry.  I'm incredibly grateful that I have never had to struggle, never had to wonder how I would make ends meet or where my next meal would come from.  I try not to take anything for granted because I know there are countless numbers of people who struggle in this world each day.  So far, I haven't been one of them, and for that, I thank God each day and I haven't thanked my parents enough.  For me, it's not about being privileged, but about being blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment