Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No Excuses

I've never been too much of a Biggest Loser fan, but I watched the Season 13 premiere last night. This season's theme is "no excuses" and features contestants with various excuses as to how they got in the shape they're in: I don't have time, I was injured in an accident, my family has always been heavy. The BL trainers threw those excuses right out the window and you should, too.

Each of us has the power to take control of our health. Diabetes, depression, heart disease have all been linked to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet. You have the magic pill in your hands, your feet, your whole body. It's called exercise. Check out the "23 1/2 hours" video below if you need more convincing. It starts with you -- you can make excuses or you can make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 comment:

  1. i just added you to my google reader! Thanks for the positive post :) Last night I was listening to this segment on NPR that talked about the science behind how people who have lost weight have to work harder to maintain a lower weight than people who were naturally at that weight. And the whole thing was really depressing.
    http://www.npr.org/2012/01/03/144627629/in-the-fat-trap-our-bodies-work-against-us

    ReplyDelete