Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Whatcha been up to?

I'm starting up my third week here on the island and thought I'd give a little recap as to what's been keeping me busy the last 2 weeks.  My first few days here I observed lots of classes and lectures before taking over sunrise beach walks and screenings.  I feel as if I could talk non-stop about the sunrises here.  They are AH-MAY-ZING!  It's a great way to start the day and guests are encouraged to enjoy the sunrise over the ocean and start the day with early morning activity.  I also observed the screening process each guest undergoes their first day here.  I took over the screenings and I'll be on duty for that the next 4 weeks.  That means being at work by 7am Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next 4 weeks. Yikes.

For guests, a typical day here can begin at 7am with the beach walk and end at 7pm after dinner.  There are multiple lectures and fitness classes offered throughout the day.  There are also opportunities for personal trainings, meetings with an individual's wellness coach, cooking demos, and group outings.  During my two-week orientation, I attended as many classes as possible so I could see what all H3 has to offer its guests.  Here is what my first day looked like:

7am:  Sunrise beach walk
8am:  Breakfast
8:30am:  Treading
9:30am:  Cardio boxing
10:30am:  Metabo Meal
11am:  Stress and Emotional Eating lecture
12pm:  Lunch
1pm:  Intro to Fitness Equipment (demo)
2pm:  Planning Healthy Meals lecture
3:30pm:  Metabo Meal
4pm:  Butts & Guts
5pm:  Drums ALIVE
6pm:  Dinner

Now that I've started my intern duties, I won't attend classes all day.  Insert projects & cleaning duties into that schedule and you've got my schedule for the next few weeks.  I got to lead Wii dance last week which was so fun & awesome and I teach my first treading class tomorrow!  Treading is a group cardio class on either the treadmill, elliptical, or stationary bike, which sounds boring but it's a great way to teach a workout that can be easily taken home when guests leave.

On New Year's Eve, the second intern arrived so I've enjoyed having some company in the cottage!  We've been exploring all the island has to offer in the way of shopping.  Let me tell you -- it's a lot.  The third intern arrived yesterday and by next week, there will be 4 of us to make a full house!

No comments:

Post a Comment